How we remove moss from your roof
1) Preparation: First we lay tarpaulin sheets down on the ground and cover up anything which may get dirty during the cleaning process, we also disconnect any downpipes and place net bags over drains to allow water to flow, but to prevent anything unwanted entering your drains.
2) Cleaning: We then pressure clean your roof, adjusting the pressure depending on the type of tile we’re cleaning to ensure we only remove the moss, lichen, algae and dirt from the tile without causing any damage to the surface of the tile.
Once this is done we clean out all your gutters, downpipes and drains, clean your fascias and soffits and rinse down all your windows, walls, doors and frames. All the mess is then bagged up and taken away by us and everything is rinsed off down below.
Once all the moss, lichen, algae and dirt has been cleaned off your roof, we can clearly see what repairs need to be done.
3) Repairs: We will assess the state of the roof and determine what repairs are necessary. Basic repairs come as part of our full roof cleaning process at no extra charge and include:
- Repoint ridge tiles wherever necessary
- Replace any cracked/broken tiles
- Check/seal lead-work
- Check the tops of chimneys are re-cap if necessary
Should more significant repairs be required, we can talk to a roofing contractor on your behalf and arrange for the repairs to be done, assuming you’re happy with the quote.
4) Treatment: Once all the necessary repairs have been done, we then treat your roof with an organic anti-fungal agent which kills any remaining roots and spores in the tiles.
5) Final Process: We finish the process by cleaning all your windows, frames and doors, to leave the exterior of your house in pristine condition.
“Excellent in every respect. A messy job but they left everything spotless, even cleaned my windows! It’s good to have a tradesman that takes pride in his work. Would recommend to anyone.”
– Mr K, Sheffield
We Get Great Results
For general roofing repairs including facia & soffits and dry verge protection why not contact our partners and Palace Roofline Ltd